Wheatgrass juice, which consists primarily of chlorophyll, has been said to heal tissues, purify the liver, improve blood sugar levels, and detoxify the body. It is a source of beta carotene, vitamins B, C, E, and K, and it contains many different minerals and amino acids. Because chlorophyll is anti-bacterial, wheatgrass juice can be used inside and outside of the body for healing.
After initiating a program of daily wheatgrass juice, many people experience immediate detoxification. For this reason, caution should be used and only a small amount of juice should be taken in the first few days or weeks. As the body begins to eliminate toxins - old drug deposits, chemicals, and other poisons - it can feel similar to experiencing the flu. Depending upon the individual, symptoms of detoxification can include headaches, muscle aches, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and nerve symptoms. As these symptoms pass, the individual can gradually increase the amount of juice taken. After detoxification, the chlorophyll in the wheatgrass juice can help to build and repair the body's tissues.
The following guidelines are recommended to assist with the detoxification process. Please note: people who are seriously ill should begin taking wheatgrass juice under the direction of a healthcare provider.
1. Begin with only 1 ounce of wheatgrass juice per day. Take juice 1 hour before meals and at least 2 hours after.
2. After a week without detoxification symptoms, gradually increase the amount of juice. A daily maximum of four to six ounces of juice is recommended.
3. In order to reduce detoxification symptoms, especially during the initial two weeks of consuming wheatgrass juice, enemas and/or colonics are recommended to assist with moving toxins more quickly through the bowel.
4. When detoxifying the body, it is recommended to decrease the consumption of protein and instead eat more raw fruits and vegetables, which are easier to digest.
5. After several weeks and/or months on the juice, the body may begin to heal present or past illnesses. Healing often occurs from the inside out, and in reverse order; the body heals first whatever was wrong last and moves backward.
You can purchase fresh wheatgrass juice at your local juice bar; you can make it yourself with your juicer at home; or frozen trays of wheatgrass juice may be available at your local health food store. As a complement to a diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables, incorporate wheatgrass juice for optimum health today!